Sulfur, a very beneficial and healing element, has been found to be protective of joints.
A great way to provide the body with sulfur is through the diet.
- Garlic, onions, and all of the allium family
- methionine: corn, sunflower seeds, oats, chocolate, cashews, walnuts, almonds, sesame seeds (in that order).
- cysteine: oats, corn
- Legumes, including carob and jicama
- Red meats
- Nuts & seeds
- Broccoli and all cole-family (brassica) vegetables. This includes cabbages, bok choy, mustard, and watercress.
- Avocado (high in glutathione, which breaks down during digestion, yielding cysteine)
- Watermelon (also high in glutathione)
- Swiss Chard
- Sweet potatoes and "yams"
- Tomatoes (MSM)
- Tea & coffee: MSM
- Dairy products (Cows' milk: MSM. other milks?)
- Whey proteins (high in cysteine & methionine)
- Amino acids: cysteine, methionine
- Thiamin / Thiamine / Vitamin B1 / aneurine
- Biotin, Vitamin B7 or Vitamin H